PADI Divemaster course Phuket Thailand
Aussie Divers Phuket is the best place in Thailand to do your PADI Divemaster Course.
Aussie Divers PADI Professional Level Divemaster
Do you love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the PADI Divemaster course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The PADI Divemaster course is the first professional level, and it is a very complete and rewarding course. During this course you will work closely alongside the amazing Aussie Dives Instructional team, including PADI Course Director Darren Gaspari, Master Instructors, Staff Instructor’s and our highly experienced Senior Instructor’s (the best instructional team in Phuket!).
“You will be part of our team”.
PADI Divemaster Course Options
Aussie Divers Phuket offers two different options to choose for your PADI Divemaster course, depending on your current experience level, the number of logged dives, and how long you are planning to stay in Phuket for. Most of our PADI Divemaster candidates in Phuket choose to do the more intensive ‘internship’ program over 3-4 weeks.
PADI Divemaster in 10-14* days *please contact us to obtain the requirements of this version of the course, extra charges may apply if additional days required to complete DM skills
PADI Divemaster Internship style program, assisting with full PADI courses & logging more dive’s, from 2-4 weeks.
The Aussie Divers internship option is a unique ‘hands-on’ experience where you will be assisting our instructor team with full courses from start to finish. We will assign you one of our experienced instructors to act as your personal ‘mentor’ throughout the whole divemaster program. This ‘mentor’ will assist you in developing your theory in the classroom and your skills in the pool, along with guiding you through the rest of the divemaster course.
We also can offer great packages with accommodation at our Chalong training centre included, please just ask our staff about what we can offer.
PADI Divemaster Prerequisites
Before you start The PADI Divemaster Course, you must be
• Be 18 years old
• Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another training organisation
• Be a PADI Rescue Diver or qualifying certification from another training organisation
• Be an Emergency First Aid Responder or qualifying certification from another training organization, course completion within past 24 month’s
• Have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification
• Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
These are the 4 different parts of the PADI Divemaster:
1. Diving Standards and Divemaster Theory
For the Diving Standards and Divemaster Theory topics, you will need the new online PADI Divemaster Digital Crewpak which is required for the course. Aussie Divers Phuket can register you for the online dive theory prior to your trip to Phuket. This can then be completed in your own time prior to starting the practical Divemaster training. Your PADI mentor can also assist you through the online theory for the course once you are in Phuket which can be managed around your practical training with classroom discustions.
2. Water Skills Development And Practical Application
The water skills development and practical assessment activities will be spread out over the course duration, these are.
• 400m swim/800m snorkel/100m tired diver tow/15min float/equipment exchange
• Rescue assessment
• Multiple skill circuits to improve demonstration quality and problem-solving, so that you can demonstrate Instructor level underwater skills
• Workshops in navigation, search and recovery, deep diving, mapping, dive site briefings, guiding certified divers
• Tour leader on our day trip boat, dive shop duties, emergency planning
3. Divemaster Conducted Program Workshops
With these 5 different workshops you will learn the programs that you will be able to conduct completely or partially when you are certified as a PADI Divemaster.
– Workshop 1: ReActivate program
– Workshop 2: Skin Diver course and Snorkelling
– Workshop 3: Discover Scuba Diving program in confined water
– Workshop 4: Discover Scuba Diving program – Additional open water dive
– Workshop 5: Discover Local Diving in open water
4. Practical Assessment
In a Dive Center like Aussie Divers we start PADI courses and programs every day. So you will have the chance to assist different instructors during your PADI Divemaster course. This is an extremely important part of your training. You will interact with real students, help and recommend them through their training, learn how to develop your problem-solving. You are going to love it and find it very rewarding. These are the courses you will assist:
– Practical assessment 1: Open water student divers in confined water
– Practical assessment 2: Open water student divers in open water
– Practical assessment 3: Continuing education student divers in open water
– Practical assessment 4: Certified divers in open water
You will also be evaluated on your professionalism during the course
After the Divemaster Course
Now that you are certified as a PADI Divemaster you can:
• Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
• Accompany PADI Scuba Divers subsequent dives
• Accompany student divers during the Adventures In diving dives or specialty courses
• Conduct subsequent Discover Scuba Diving dives
• Assist PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
• Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkelling program
• Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
• Conduct the PADI Scuba review program
You can also complete a short qualification and become a PADI Discover Scuba Diving Leader which will allow you to independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
*There may be extra charges involved with the 10-day course if you require any additional days to complete pool skills or practical assignments. Please contact us to obtain the requirements for the 10-day program
Aussie Divers Phuket is the best place in Thailand to do your PADI Divemaster Course