Before you begin an IDC you need to make sure that you meet the minimum starting requirements as set by PADI. You also need a few pieces of diving equipment for safety and teaching, if you don’t own these, they are easy to purchase during your IDC, please see the list below.
PADI IDC Requirements
You will need to have all of these to begin an IDC.
- Be a certified diver for at least 6 months
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a PADI Divemaster or equivalent from other agency
- 60 logged dives to start 100 to be certified (let us know if you do not have 100 logged dives), You will need 100 logged dives to attend the PADI Instructor Examination.
- Experience in Navigation dives, night dives and deep dives
- Have Emergency First Response Training or equivalent with CPR Training completed in the last 24 months *
- Have a medical certificate not older than 12 month and must be signed by a doctor
* EFR training is included in your PADI Rescue Diver Course. If it has expired you wll need to renew it before the IDC begins.
Required Equipment For All IDC Candidates
Please be aware that if you renting equipment from Aussie Divers Phuket, that the following items are NOT included with your free equipment rental and will need to be purchased if you don’t have them.
- Surface Marker Buoy
- Finger Reel or Buoy Line (5 meter)
- Pocket O2 Mask
- Dive Knife
This equipment counts as the basic necessary and highly recommended safety equipment for any scuba diver to carry with them on any dive, in some places it is even required by law, beyond that, it is just smart to dive safe and have the necessary tools and equipment required.
All PADI instructors are required to own this equipment and know how to operate the individual items safely & effectively, there will be no discussion about whether you need these items, if you do not have them, you will be buying them during your IDC.