PADI Divemaster course in Phuket Thailand
Aussie Divers PADI Professional Level Divemaster
Do you love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the PADI Divemaster course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The PADI Divemaster course is the first professional level, and it is a very complete and rewarding course. During this course you will work closely alongside the amazing Aussie Dives Instructional team, including PADI Course Directors, Staff Instructor’s and our highly experienced Senior Instructor’s (the best instructional team in Phuket!).
“You will be part of our team”.
PADI Divemaster Course Options
Aussie Divers Phuket offers two different options to choose for your PADI Divemaster course, depending on your current experience level, number of logged dives, and how long you are planing to stay in Phuket for. Most of our PADI Divemaster candidate’s in Phuket choose to do the more intensive ‘internship’ program over 2-3 weeks.
PADI Divemaster in 10-14* days *please contact us to obtain the requirements of this version of the course, extra charges may apply if additional days required to complete DM skills
PADI Divemaster Internship style program, assisting with full PADI courses & logging more dive’s, from 2-4 weeks.
The Aussie Divers internship option is a unique ‘hands on’ experience where you will be assisting our instructor team with full course’s from start to finish. We will assign you one of our experienced instructors to act as your personal ‘mentor’ through out the whole divemaster program. This ‘mentor’ will assist you in developing your theory in the classroom and your skills in the pool, along with guiding you through the rest of the divemaster course.
We also can offer great package’s with accommodation at our Chalong training centre included, please just ask our staff about what we can offer.
PADI Divemaster Prerequisites
To start The PADI Divemaster, you must be
• Be 18 years old
• Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another training organisation
• Be a PADI Rescue Diver or qualifying certification from another training organisation
• Be an Emergency First Aid Responder or qualifying certification from another training organization, course completion within past 24 month’s
• Have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification
• Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
These are the 4 different parts of the PADI Divemaster:
1. Diving Standards and Dive Theory
For the Diving Standards and Dive Theory topics you will need your PADI Divemaster manual and complete the knowledge reviews related, afterwards you will have classroom lectures where each section will be gone through and your knowledge reviews will be checked. Aussie Divers is very flexible with the timing of the lectures and final examinations, we will fit them around your schedule, be it on the boat or at the swimming pool. Also, we are always available and happy to provide further explanations on any of the topics covered.
2. Water Skills Development And Practical Application
The water skills development and practical assessment activities will be spread out over the course duration, these are.
• 400m swim/800m snorkel/100m tired diver tow/15min float/equipment exchange
• Rescue assessment
• Multiple skill circuits to improve demonstration quality and problem solving, so that you can demonstrate Instructor level underwater skills
• Workshops in navigation, search and recovery, deep diving, mapping, dive site briefings, guiding certified divers
• Tour leader on our day trip boat, dive shop duties, emergency planning
3. Divemaster Conducted Program Workshops
With these 5 different workshops your will learn the programs that you will be able to conduct completely or partially when you are certified as a PADI Divemaster.
– Workshop 1: ReActivate program
– Workshop 2: Skin Diver course and Snorkelling
– Workshop 3: Discover Scuba Diving program in confined water
– Workshop 4: Discover Scuba Diving program – Additional open water dive
– Workshop 5: Discover Local Diving in open water
4. Practical Assessment
In a Dive Center like Aussie Divers we start PADI courses and programs every day. So you will have the chance to assist different instructors during your PADI Divemaster course. This is an extremely important part of your training. You will interact with real students, help and recommend them thru their training, learn how to develop your problem solving. You are going to love it and find it very rewarding. These are the courses you will assist:
– Practical assessment 1: Open water student divers in confined water
– Practical assessment 2: Open water student divers in open water
– Practical assessment 3: Continuing education student divers in open water
– Practical assessment 4: Certified divers in open water
You will also be evaluated on your professionalism during the course
After the Divemaster Course
Now that you are certified as a PADI Divemaster you can:
• Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
• Accompany PADI Scuba Divers subsequent dives
• Accompany student divers during the Adventures In diving dives or specialty courses
• Conduct subsequent Discover Scuba Diving dives
• Assist PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
• Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkelling program
• Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
• Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program
You can also complete a short qualification and become a Discover Scuba Diving Leader which will allow you to independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
PADI Divemaster Internship Program 35,000* Baht
PADI Divemaster 10-14* Day Program 25,000* Baht
PADI Divemaster Crew Pack – *Not included in course price 9,900 Baht
The PADI Divemaster Crew pack is required for each student & includes the following material’s
• PADI Instructor manual & holographic sticker (required for the PADI DM application)
• The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving – a comprehensive overview of diving physics, physiology, and equipment.
• Divemaster slates
• PADI Divemaster Manual
• RDP – Tables and eRDPML included associated instructions for use booklets
• Pro Logbook
You can save 2-3 days in the classroom with the PADI Divemaster Theory Online – *Not Required – 6,000 Baht
PADI Divemaster Fee’s – *Not included in course price (payable directly to PADI) 2017 fee’s – AU$197
Both programs included full equipment rental for the course, plus we can offer great packages with accommodation included at our Chalong training centre.
*There may be extra charges involved with the 10 day course if you require any additional days to complete pool skills or practical assignments. Please contact us to obtain the requirements for the 10 day program